I am sure this will be useful to some of my audience who may have similar experience as me.
There was this one day when I accidently click on some stuffs(which till date is still unknown to me what I did) and I accidently changed a setting which I shouldn’t had.
This causes my address bar to be reading from right to left as you can see below
Just a note to myself and to any of you who faced the error like me earlier on..
“Cannot connect to localhost.
A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 – Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 2)”
I was thinking, its localhost and I used the right username / password combination ( Well, i was using Windows Authenication )… whats wrong? Took me a while to realise its because , for some reason, my MSSSQL Server Service got stopped.
I went to Start > All Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 > Configuration Tools > SQL Server Configuration Manager and right click on the stopped SQL Server and Start it.
Recently, I was trying to send some email with gmail to a group(whom I am one of the receiptant as well) but for some unknown reason then, I am not receiving the email that I sent out. I thought it didn’t get sent out so I resent again (this process repeated for 3-4 times)
Did a quick search, i realised its because of the decision that Google made on how this should work. Personally find it weird though.
Posting here, just in case anyone needs help.
When you send mail to any group or mailing list you subscribe to, Gmail automatically skips your inbox and archives the message to save you time and prevent clutter. The message will appear in your inbox if someone responds to it or if there is an error delivering the message. If you’d like to view your message, you can find it in Sent Mail or All Mail.
While I am trying very hard to backup some other stuffs from my ftp to my localdisk before the move to another host, i tried to upgrade my wordpress blog to 3.0 and I gotten this error…
Call to a member function add_rewrite_tag() on a non-object in…
Did a quick research and they ask me to deactivate my plugin which i did. ( Link here ) and here we go, it works… now I have to figure out, which plugin causes the problem before I continue.